I'm such a Lemming! Even though I Haven't played since 01.. LARPing is still very important to me...
- Who did you first LARP as?
My first character ever was a human celestial scholar by the name of Isadora Starlight
- When and where did you first LARP?
Spring of 91. A one day event at Ft Yargo in Winder GA. It was a NERO SE game back before they became SOLAR
- When and where was the last time you LARPed?
- Some of your more notable LARP characters?
PC- Lyla Shadowstorm who jumped in a plot line at the only
NPC- Baby Goblin, a young goblin adopted and raised by the Healers Guild in Clanthia. Kastigar- Supposed to be a one shot NPC for a NERO Atl event.. but I had fun bringing her back later to mess with Marentha’s minds. Almost had a romance going with Jauntarius too.. that was fun. Only character I’ve ever played that literally had me & others crying. Probably why I had so much fun playing her.
- Who is your favorite character to LARP as?
Kayla. She was the most fleshed out and had the most fun stuff happen to her. Like the Doll storyline
- Who is your dream LARP character?
Can’t really say as I have a ‘dream’ character.
- How many of your friends LARP?
For years ALL of my friends were people I’d met thru LARPing. Now I’d say roughly half.
- Have you ever walked around in public in your LARP outfit?
Yes >.< Including the blue makeup when I was playing my satyress…
- Do you make your own boffers?
No. I suck at that stuff.
- Ever used an ultralite? What do you think?
Don’t really like ultralite’s. But I’ve borrowed others.
- Have you ever made your own LARP outfit?
I made some pants I wore for LARPing..
- What was your favorite LARP experience or memory?
Making members of Marentha cry after they attacked my Sarr NPC Kastigar..
- What is your worst LARP experience or memory?
It wasn’t so much part of the LARP..but the way people reacted to me one event when I had my daughter with me. I felt excluded and it hurt.. a lot. Maybe it wasn’t intentional, but some of that lingering pain is why I haven’t really made a big effort to go back now that the kids are older.
- When and where did you first learn of LARPing?
Early 91 when my best friend at the time told me about what she’d done over the past weekend. I pretty much begged her to take me with her the next time she went and it was Great!
- What did you think of it then?
It was play pretend with rules.
- What do you think of it now?
A great way to socialize with geeks like me.
- Do you plan your LARP outfits/characters way before you're meant to use them?
I like to have a general idea. Lyla spent time with gypsies before making her way to town. So her clothes were very colorful. Kayla was a street orphan and thief so her clothes were at times ragged or very simple in design. And my last character was Vashti.. she was a desert wolven so her clothes were inspired by that type of garb.
- Ever have something terrible happen to your outfit/props/weapon?
- What is the best thing about LARPing?
Hanging out with people who are like me!
- What is the worst thing about LARPing?
Gotta say the weather. And at times the bathhouses.. *shudders*.
- Why do you LARP?
When I LARPed it was how I relaxed. It was my way of escaping from reality for a couple of days and finally being myself.. as I played someone else..